Everydayobento is my little corner of the web, my digital diary where I love to share what I love the most: my family, my cooking, and our life of three here in Japan.
1. My name is Eleonora, but you can call me Elen (as my dad always does).
2. I’m italian and I live in Japan.
3. I moved to this country in 2018 for what was supposed to be a 6 months experience (that’s what I told my family), but destiny made me stay here until now, and the reason is very simple: love.
4. I met my husband on a beach in the north of Japan while I was doing an internship focus on Washoku. He was the lifeguard.
5. I lived in Tokyo, in Kanagawa Prefecture and now, I live in Chiba.
6. I am the mum of a little baby, that I love to call Onigiri.
7. I am graduated from the University of Gastronomic Sciences in Italy.
8. I can not speak fluent Japanese, but I am working hard on study at least two kanji per day.
9. I am obsessed with natto and I eat it almost every morning for breakfast.
10. I always need a cup of a warm drink next to me (can be coffe or every kind of tea)
I firmly believe that food is one of the best ways to experience a new country. Food is tradition, culture, it’s sharing, it’s knowledge, it’s art … I can go on and on.
I love food, but most of all, I love cooking it and sharing it with the people I love.
When I arrived in Japan, I immediately approached the tradition of obento (box lunches) and started preparing them every day for me and my husband (and I can’t wait to cook them for the little one too).
What characterizes them is a simple cuisine, made of few ingredients, mainly vegetables, in which the Japanese umami flavour stands out.
(I am not a recipes developer but I try to put a bit of “my taste” in everything that I make.)
I opened an instagram page where I share their photos (@everydayobento), and later also this little blog where I share the recipes.
But because thanks to Instagram and this blog I had the opportunity to people passionate about Japan and cooking like me, I recently decided to make it also a space in which to share some moments of everyday life, so I can open up more and invite others to do the same.
I hope that among these pages you will find some inspiration, and if you feel like getting in touch with me, you can find me on Instagram or you can write me at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org!
Have a great day!